You’ve finished school and you’re unsure of your next steps in terms of your education and ultimately your career.
So what happens if you’re confused and don’t know what career or course path to go down?
There are certain things you can do to determine which course is best suited for you and how to go about approaching your career path the best way possible.
- Determine your interests: By figuring out what interests you most and what you are most passionate about first and foremost, will ensure that you are only going to be looking for courses and career paths that will make you happy and keep you motivated.
- Seek assistance and support: Asking for some guidance or assistance from friends, family, loved ones and professionals in the education system can help you better understand what your interests are and what courses may be most beneficial to you.
- Explore your options: Research more about your favourite subjects, course options and other interests. See which institutions offer your field of study and make the necessary arrangements.
- Weigh up your circumstances: Are you unable to commit to several years of study for the time being? Do you feel as though you can best perform under short course requirements? If you feel as though this is the case it is important to determine which course works within your needs and capabilities.
- Out of field study: Choosing an out of field study when you’re unsure of what career path to take is a great option as it can broaden your horizons in terms of determining which course is going to be the best for you. Choosing short courses that mostly run on a 6 month period may enable you to perform better in study and explore other options.
- Develop a study plan: Once you have organised and determined which course is most suitable for you, maintaining a balanced study schedule to help you get through your period of study will help you achieve your best results possible.
If you are unsure about your future and your future study plans or if you are interested in learning more about potential short courses and training programs, Our team of experts at Proven training solutions are available for consultation at any time! Please contact us on: (03) 9366 3285 to discuss your future!